What is Nursery & Primary Teacher Training (NPTT)?
Teachers have a great responsibility in today’s society. They are shaping up future minds and having the right kind of teacher for your child helps in the long term. Some would argue that great teachers are born. But in reality, it takes a lot of training and education to reach that stage. These courses provide essential skills like communication skills, ability to practice patience, friendly nature, enthusiasm, etc. The programmes are usually short term and can be expected to run for a maximum of two years.
Nursery and Primary Teacher Training Required Skillset
All applicants who are successful in completing a diploma in Nursing and Primary Teacher Training need to have certain skillset. To be able to make a difference, applicants must have:
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and emphatic nature
Nursery and Primary Teacher Training Eligibility Criteria
- Education: The only education criteria that applicants need to have is that they must have passed their 10+2 level examinations successfully with at least 50% marks or its equivalent GPA. The prior educational certificates must be from a recognized board.
- Age Limit: Nursery and Primary Teacher Training courses do not have any age limit. Applicants can apply right after passing their 12th class examinations or even applicants with masters or bachelor’s degree can apply to study.
Nursery and Primary Teacher Training Placements
Graduates will be able to secure jobs in schools as soon as they graduate. Institute provide placement help to applicants by training them with interview skills, help with the students’ resumes, and connecting with industry experts. Some institutes also make students aware of any openings in nearby schools so that applicants can apply there.
These courses are highly employable and graduates will have no problems finding suitable jobs.
Nursery and Primary Teacher Training Syllabus
All programmes are short term and various topics are taught during the entire duration. Some subjects taught in most colleges are:
- Child Psychology
- Child Care
- Basics of Nursery and Primary Education
- History of Nursery and Primary Education
- Practical: arts, crafts etc.